The Register of Consultants has been established by The Textile Institute to enable its qualified and/or longstanding members to register as consultants and to facilitate contact between these members and organisations requiring consultants.
For further information about inclusion on the Register please contact the at The Textile Institute International Headquarters.
Inclusion on the register in no way implies that the consultant is in any way authorised, sponsored or appointed by The Textile Institute to undertake any consultancy work.
Patricia Ann Ackroyd
Managing Directory, Ackroyd and Dawson, Ltd
Producers of 100% British wollens and worsted cloth, tweeds and suiting.
33 Hill Head Close
Phone: +44 (0)1458 830941
I am an experienced professional with over 8 years of working experience in academia and in the field of textile designing and fabric production. I have a comprehensive understanding of textile manufacturing processes and trends in Africa. I also have sound knowledge in textile surface designing or textile design for prints and African textiles in general
I am seeking for consultancy in research and development in textile production, education, advocacy and capacity building.
I am based in Ghana, but willing to travel and work in any location in Africa and beyond.
DEPARTMENT OF TEXTILE DESIGN AND TECHNOLOGY
P. O. BOX 256
GHANA – AFRICA
Peter W Alderslade CText FTI FCFI
Business values my 30-year ‘hands-on’ record of improving strategy, product, productivity, quality and service in clothing and textiles. This is achieved by improving processes, systems and methods and the individuals involved. Coaching and mentoring are important elements of my work in start ups, re-engineering, restructuring and mergers.
Roles include Industrial Engineer, Operations and Managing Director, Turnaround CEO, Principal Consultant with KSA and Interim Manager.
Locations include Europe, Nigeria, India and USA.
Products range from shirts to carpets including leisure and outerwear.
A member of the Society of Turnaround Professionals with the IoD Diploma in Company Direction, I am keen to help companies improve performance as an advisor, interim executive or non executive.
Overwood Farm, Parkgate Road, Mollington, Chester, Ch1 6NE, United Kingdom
Telephone: +44 (0) 1244 851 639 Email: email@example.com
An association of clothing and apparel specialists with over 30 years experience each at senior level in the clothing and textile industry. Collectively, we are able to advise on all aspects of manufacturing, from start-ups to target market penetration.
We offer a pick and mix service to call on expertise as required during the project journey.
Strengths are fibre to garment knowledge, with experience of improving performance through people, technology and commercial expertise.
Services offered include:
- Clothing - mens and ladies tailoring - light sewing.
- Turnaround and strategic change management.
- Product and Quality improvement.
- Evaluation, including social and ethical.
- Production Engineering. Factory layouts, Piece rate systems.
- Technical and aesthetic design. Tailoring and apparel.
- Quality control.
Sales and Marketing
- Sales and distribution logistics.
- Recruitment of sales personnel and agents.
- Design. - Garments and Cloth - worsted and cottons.
- Market Research.
Corporate Wear / Uniforms
- Balanced sourcing.
- Rescue missions.
- Build up to tender and tender evaluations .
- Clothing. Apparel and cloth.
- Eastern Europe, Far East, U.K.
- Control systems: from cloth to retail outlets to facilitate rapid response and protect margin.
Stephen Levick B.A., C. Text., A.T.I.
- Spinning woollen, worsted and fancy yarns.
- Knitwear production, sales and marketing.
- Yarn sourcing.
- Ladies and Men's tailoring and casual wear, sales and marketing, to Retail and Corporate wear.
- Sourcing garment manufacturing, Eastern Europe and Far East.
Martin Deeks B.A.
- International sourcing clothing apparel and cloth - Eastern Europe and Far East.
- Clothing and casual wear manufacturing to premium brands.
- Project Management.
- Retail buying and merchandise systems. Works in English and Italian.
- Men's and ladies' tailoring sales and marketing, U.K., U.S.A., Middle East and Far East.
- Corporate wear sales, marketing and development.
- Sourcing clothing apparel and cloth, U.K., Eastern Europe, and Far East.
- Multi-site manufacturing. Ladies Tailoring. Light Sewing. Printing. Knitwear.
- Quality control and logistics.
- Sourcing Eastern Europe.
- Personnel Development .
Alan Cannon Jones M.S.C
- Factory and Technical Manager - Men's Tailoring (including pattern development).
- Principal Lecturer - London College of Fashion in Fashion Design Technology.
- External Examiner
- Consultant in Fashion Design Technology.
Contact :Stephen C. Levick B.A., C. Text. A.T.I., 11, Browns Lane,
East Bridgford, Nottingham, NG13 8PL, Tel: +44 (0) 1949 20326
M: +44 (0) 7725 564089
Web site: www.abbeyclothingb2b.co.uk
I started up and run Worsted Spinning Mill in Damascus/Syria with 4000 spindles and 150 workers and 25 staff since 1994 until now.
Also I am General Secretary of the Syrian Textile & Garments Exporters Association.
The above two positions and work experience allows me to consult in the textile business in general and be more specific in Fibre and Yarns business.
No.8 Mouawia St.
Alharika Pobox 1209
Tel/Fax Number: +963 - 94 - 4214771 +963 - 11 - 2219758
Malcolm Ball CText FTI CCol FSDC
Malcolm Ball is the principle of Malcolm Ball Associates, a technical consultancy created in 2001.
With over 30 years international experience in the research and development, design, creation, manufacture, quality assurance and application of yarns and sewing threads, Malcolm Ball Associates is able to offer an unrivalled level of knowledge and expertise to the sewn products areas of textiles and apparel. These include
- Project & factory planning
- Short staple / core spinning
- Yarn texturisation - FT and Air
- Twisting & setting/stabilisation
- Colouration management & communication
- Bonding, lubrication & finishing
- Final winding & packaging
- Sewing applications & seam engineering
- Education & training
Over the last decade, specialisation in digital and web-based supply-chain colour measurement and management solutions has led to accreditation as an independent trainer and deliverer of modules for the Society of Dyers and Colourists' Certificate in Colour Management.
Location: UK but available internationally by arrangement.
Malcolm Ball Associates
PO Box 327
Telephone: +44 1625 572284
Fax: +44 1625 572284
Amit Kumar Basu CText ATI
Experienced manager, with expertise in quality assurance, mechanical processing of wool and carpet manufacturing and process control.
Undertook the consultancy for worsted spinning, quality improvement and waste reduction, with P.T. Novawool – Indonesia (Panesia Group), from the 14 th to 18 th August 2006. The work was very successful and the party was happy looking at improvements.
- Early stage processing of wool: wool scouring to top making.
- Worsted spinning for wool and wool blends, till twp folding stage.
- Quality improvement of worsted yarn.
- Increasing efficiency in weaving stage.
- ISO 9000/1
Amit Kumar Basu, 22a Saint Luke’s Road, Mount Albert, Auckland, New Zealand
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 00 64 98495902 Fax 00 64 92683317
Vijay Bhalla, C Text FTI
BEC covers up review of Business Processes to develop need based solutions including Mentoring Senior management; Business Strategy, Operations, Marketing, Cost Management, Financial Re-Engineering, Corporate advisory, Project Feasibilities for Growth Solutions etc:-
Given hereunder is a brief introduction of Our Group activities for your reference pl.
- We are an organization set up by highly experienced professionals who have spent substantial portion of their careers in Top / Senior management Positions.
- Boutique Advisory Services offered by us assist enterprises in their Quest to be globally competitive. The Business (es) are viewed by our facilitators synergistically by an engagement over a spell of time to ensure that the plans are implemented and results obtained as anticipated.
- Our Facilitators view Business operations holistically to identify opportunities to take the enterprise on a fast track from the perspective of wealth accretion.
Hand - Holding Services for Indian and Overseas Enterprises:
BEC supports both Local and International Business (es) in setting up base from ‘Concept to Delivery’ as per needs either on Turnkey basis or On Specific need basis e.g. for
- Competition analysis & Market Assessment.
- Outsourcing a Business partner.
- Business Strategy for Short, Medium and Long Term.
- Support for implementation including Base Office Support.
- Liaison with statutory bodies
- Organization structure as per Needs, Recruitment & Training of Manpower Resources.
- Development of System and Procedures.
Energy Management Systems (BEC Enmas)
We facilitate Energy Cost Management solutions through Macro / Micro study and initiatives to Re-Engineer, Modernise and Upgrade various Energy Consumption centres. We have pioneered a no. of such assignments in manufacturing facilities, and have delivered Major Energy Cost Reductions and can positively assist to manage Energy Costs better and add value.
Vocational education / Skill Training:
- A no. of factors in India have generated an environment of Skill mismatch, Job search support and entrepreneurial training needs etc. The economy is growing but with lesser workforce / jobs. This has opened up very strong Businessopportunities for the private sector to participate in the VET space as a business proposition.
- For Growth Alternatives, BEC can Conceptualize, Prepare detailed Techno Economic Feasibility Report, Monitor, Control and hold hands for the execution of such projects.
Mr. Vijay Bhalla is B.Text (1969); C.Text , FTI (Tex. Inst.) ; & Post Graduate Dip. in A.D.R.
Professional Background _ 35 years in Operating Businesses, Greenfield Projects, etc. globally incl. in CEO / Business Head position in company with Busi. Turnover of ~ US$ 125 Mn. He Specializes in Practical & Innovative Capabilities turning around Businesses.
Presently, Operating as a Facilitator of Initiatives in Enhancing Performance of Businesses involving strong entrepreneurial approach for handling Techno - Economic / Commercial issues for Overall performance & growth of Organization.
Some Key – Involvements (Past / Present) :
i) Chairman – cum – Treasurer & Hony. Secy., Executive Committee, North India Section of the Textile Institute, Manchester ii) Member Executive Committees -- “North India Textile Mills Association” ; National Textile Committee – CII formulating “Textile Policy” to assist Govt. of India in formulating Long term Textile Business development action plan ; Life member, Textile Association, India. & Vice Chairman / Chairman, Governing Council, North India Textile Research Association.
You may like to browse through our Website www.beconsulting.co.in
Business Enhancement Consulting
W-149, Greater Kailash – Part II (III rd Floor),
New Delhi – 110048, India
Tel/Fax Number: +91-11-29215393
Somnath Bhaumick CText ATI
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Textile Industry (Wool production)
- Greenfield project Planning & Execution
- Cost control / Reduction, Continuous process control and improvement
- Experience in real world scenarios, Crisis & Disaster Management
- N. Schlumberger (NSC) make latest machinery, Andritz Cards
- Well networked Individual, Affiliated with World’s Top Technicians, Researches, Experts & major spare suppliers around the globe
Unit Head (Wool Division, Lopburi, Thailand) October, 2008 – till date
Vice President (Wool Division, Lopburi, Thailand) 1994 – October, 2008
Indorama Ventures PLC, Thailand
I am an experienced professional with over 40++ years of working experience in Greasy wool processing, Wool / blends Combing , Re-combing in Reputed Composite Textile Mills in India & Thailand . I have a comprehensive professional training in Australia about Wool and at France for NSC Machinery.
I have knowledge as Management Representative for implementation of ISO 9001 / 14001 IN Textile Mills.
I , too, have knowledge in Energy Savings , Mechanical & Civil job in Textile Mills.
Seeking for consultancy job in an Worsted Topmaking / Spinning mills anywhere in the World.
C TEXT.ATI, 2007 The Textile Institute, Manchester, UK
Bachelor of Textile Engineering, 1972 M.S. University, Baroda, India
Indorama Holdings Ltd.
Bangnga Thaklong Road,
Lopburi 15180. Thailand
Katherine Emma Carroll (Kate), PhD
Assistant Professor of Fashion Product Development and Management
- Functional Design for differently-enabled populations
- Inclusive Design
- Biomimicry in Design
- History of fashion and textile industries.
North Carolina State University
College of Textiles
2401 Research Dr, Box 8301
Raleigh, NC 27695
Phone: +1 919 515 0905
Muhmmad Nusrat Ali Chisti, CText ATI
- Experienced professional with over 40 years of work experience within the field of textile manufacturing and plant management
- Comprehensive understanding of production and textile manufacturing processes and the impact of one process upon another.
- Expert on state-of-the-art technologies related to spinning, knitting and yarn dyeing
- Skilled in revitalization of sick units, installation of new projects and energy conservation
- Vast experience of making very fine counts 50/1, 60/1, 80/1 and 100/1 count from Giza and Pima Cotton for the global market
- Specialist in cotton selection and procurement
Seeking a consulting position to help plant managers to maintain and upgrade their facilities and improve efficiency
Also, looking for opportunities to train plant management on technical and administrative issues
Share wide and deep knowledge of the workings of the textile industry and markets
Am based out of Pakistan, but willing to travel and work in any location across the world
339/S, DHA, PHASE II, LAHORE CANTT 54792, PAKISTAN
Peter Clarke, CText, ATI
I have 40 years of extensive international experience in production of nylon and polyester yarns, staple and filament, specialising in spinning, texturing (DTY and ATY), twisting/winding etc. I have worked in technical management, development, R&D, technical marketing etc, in apparel POY, light and heavy industrial yarns and BCF, in all areas of the world especially Europe including Turkey, plus Africa, USA, China, mostly for large multi-nationals.
I am a qualified 6-Sigma Green belt, and a trained ISO9001 quality auditor.
I am currently providing a service to yarn or machine manufacturers who need assistance with quality, cost or efficiency improvements, or product developments. I can benchmark an operation against world standards to set current performance in correct perspective, and advise on a route to achieving improved competitiveness.
I can provide advice on sourcing of various yarn types, together with packaging upgrades. I am also available to assist in representing producers in Europe during sales, development or quality discussions.
UK-based but willing to travel as needed, for a once-off review or for a longer-term project, please contact me for details.
Guisborough, Redcar and Cleveland, UK
Phone: +44 7758 596592
Geert De Clercq
Geert De Clercq ( MSc Textiles, Ghent University)
Textile Technologist and problem solver. Independent Textile Consultant and Visiting Professor at University College Ghent teaching Spinning, Weaving, Non-wovens and Carpet Technology.
Twenty years of international experience (Europe, South America, Africa and Asia) in Production Management, Project Engineering and Consulting. Assignments covered fields from F ibre Processing over Yarn Manufacturing and Fabric Formation also including Quality Control and Assurance and Cost Calculation .
Various assignments in Mosquito Net Manufacturing over the recent years.
Aside from Technical Consulting we can assist you as well with Management Consulting, Greenfield Consulting and Textile Technology Seminars.
Availability is world-wide. Languages: Dutch, English, French, Spanish and German
Ten years of experience in translations of Manuals for Textile Machinery.
Acrylic, Air conditioning, Audits, Carding, Control, Costing, Cotton, Health & Safety, Home Textiles, Fabrics, Fibres, Industrial Engineering, Investment, Translation, Management, Mosquito Nets, Project Management, Quality, Spinning, Synthetics, Weaving, Wool, Yarns
Languages: Dutch, English, French, Spanish and German.
Contact: Geert De Clercq, Keiberg 4, 9860 Oosterzele, Belgium,
Tel: +32 9 3630300 Fax: +32 9 3630301
Email: geert.de.clerc email@example.com
David Longley Connell
I have expertise in solving scientific and technical problems within business coupled with a proven track record in business management at a senior level to expand sales and profitability on an international scale.
I can offer advice and practical assistance with:
- The investigation of , and problem solving for, faults and manufacturing problems in textiles, especially where chemical processing is involved
- Development of products and processes for the textile industry
- Textile testing and safety or quality assessment and test method development
- Quality systems and the development of ISO 9000 or ISO 17025 accreditation for positive business improvement
- Innovative use of IT for business improvement both internally and with customer or supply base involvement
Further details may be found on my website: at www.dasilex.com/scientific
I can also offer consultancy services on colour management and instrumental colour systems and software. For more details, see .
20 Burland Green Lane
Ashbourne Derbyshire DE6 4PF
Tel/Fax Number: +44 (0)3115 360422
Robert Andrew Croskell, CText FTI
Consultant in general textile technology including man made fibre extrusion, staple fibre spinning, knitting and weaving. Also in textile testing. Registered with the Academy of Experts. Prepared to give "Expert Evidence" in UK Courts on related subjects. Have given evidence in Court on more than 50 occasions and provided written reports for civil and criminal cases on countless other occasions.
7 Causeway Close
Norfolk IP21 4LB
+44 (0)1379 668625 (phone/fax)
Peter David Davis CText FTI FCFI
An independent specialist consultancy providing Government and EU funded business support & development, vocational learning, training and outsourced services to all sectors of the textile industry.
170 Finchley Road
Telephone 020 8440 1002 Fax 020 8801 0277 Mobile 07817 271716
Peter Philip Edwards, CText, ATI
A multi skilled successful individual experienced at managing director level and qualified in finance, business management and textiles.
Specialist in sourcing, manufacturing, sales and marketing, finance and all management problem solving tasks particularly in the textile industry.
Most assignments considered; preferably in Europe.
P2J Business Consultants ltd
20 Sharpless Road
Office phone and fax: 0044 1455612187
Mobile: 0044 7710 700113
Professor Julian G. Ellis OBE, MPhil, CText FTI, MRSC, MAE
Expert Witness and a Member of the Academy of Experts. Has acted as expert for more than 30 years and typically reviews evidence in a range of textile related cases, including murder, rape, arson, fraud and counterfeiting cases as well as preparation of reports and statements in a wide range of civil litigation and patent disputes. Has appeared in many different types of courts of law, from Crown Court, Patent Courts and High Court.
He is an Honorary professor in the Faculty of Engineering at the University of Nottingham.
As a research and development consultant he specialises in technical textiles, particularly engineering and medical textiles. He will provide help with research project applications and grants.
Textile technologist and consultant to the knitwear, fabric and clothing industries. Detailed technical investigations, technical overviews and reporting for companies undertaken (often prior to purchase of a company); technical troubleshooting.
Classification Subjects: Clothing, fabrics, intellectual property, knitwear, knitting, weaving, braiding, medical textiles, composite materials, litigation, research and development.
Availability: International. UK based.
Ellis Developments Ltd
Far Close Bar, Rolleston Road, Fiskerton
Tel: +44 07976 425899
Robert Ervine, CText ATI
I have 30 years experience in specifying,setting up and running, modern, efficient Processing Mills in the UK as well as Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, and East Africa. In addition to this I have undertaken a number of shorter projects for companies around the world to improve their quality, efficiency and productivity, by introducing effective Technical and Process Control, Production Planning and Control techniques and re-training/motivation of the management and staff , as well as upgrading equipment. I have also assisted Buyers/Retailers (UK and USA) in the sourcing and Quality Assurance of goods being manufactured on their behalf in a number of countries , mostly in Asia.
Whilst I have good all round knowledge of most aspects of textile manufacture, my particular strengths are in Continuous Dyeing and Printing, especially wider width, with excellent knowledge of Bleaching and Fabric Finishing, as well as Stitching, previously in the UK I was Production Director for a vertical Household Textile manufacturer, where I had total responsibility for all operations, including Spinning, Weaving, Dyeing and Printing, Stitching.
I am available to undertake long or short commissions in these areas of manufacture, in most parts of the world, subject to the prevailing conditions at any particular time.
Seat Hall Farm,
Bentham near Lancaster, LA2 7BP
Office And Fax: 44 152 426 1736
UK Mobile: 44 785 079 4583
Mr R R Franck CText FTI
Consultant to the textile industry, including apparel. Specialises
in quality products made from flax, hemp, wool and other premium
and rare fibres.
Areas covered include fibres, spinning, weaving,
dyeing and finishing, quality control, design, marketing and
management. Works in English and French.
Alpaca, Angora, Camel Hair, Clothing, Colour, Consumers, Converting, Design, Distribution, Dyeing, Fabrics, Fashion, Finishing, Furnishings, Home Textiles, Linen, Management, Marketing, Natural, Rare Fibres, Quality, Spinning, Weaving, Yarns.
Jeff Greenwood, CText, ATI
FOAMTECH Consultants Limited, UK.
Chartered member of Textile Institute with more than twenty-five years’ experience in production as well as research & development. Trained at Shirley Institute and British Textile Technology Group.
Focus on optimising production processes involving chemical applications to paper, non-wovens, textiles and carpets, working with producers and chemical companies.
- Formulation of chemical recipes and latex compounds.
- Installation and commissioning of coating and finishing systems, including after-installation servicing and advice. International experience with extended assignments in Asia.
- Specialist in application of finishing chemicals and coatings to textiles and carpets.
Particular speciality in mixing and generation of foams, whether mechanically or chemically generated, foam coating, foam finishing and foam dyeing of textiles.
Available for assignments internationally.
88 BRAMHALL LANE
T: +44 772 5078408
Brian Hamilton, CText, FTI, FCIM, FInstDir
Since the mid-1980's Hamilton Associates have been leading textile management consultants specialising in business development throughout the textile-apparel supply chain.
All Associates are experts in their field not only as consultants but with wide management experience in the industry at senior level.
Use Hamilton Associates as partners in :-
- Operational problem solving
- Identifying and exploiting new product and market opportunities
- Technology transfer and project management
- Increasing competitiveness and improving financial performance
- Strategic planning and business turnaround situations
Hamilton Asssociates also offers a unique business awareness course ~ a mini-MBA ~ for key managers in companies aimed in particular at
- Young managers wishing to develop their career from a sound base
- Specialist managers : sales, marketing, designers, production, HR, accountants etc seeking a better understanding of 'how the whole orchestra plays'
- Senior managers taking on director responsibilities.
4 THE CEDARS, WARWICK PLACE, LEAMINGTON SPA,
WARWICKSHIRE, CV32 5DE. UK.
Tel/Fax Number 01926.337476
Mr T Hawthorn, CText ATI
Garments – Manufacturing, Quality, Dyeing, Finishing, Washing (wet and dry process).
I have extensive experience in denim and twill high volume manufacturing and finishing including dyeing of garments. I am considered a specialist in this sector. I am familiar with all the departments and processes involved from fabric choice and receiving, cutting, sewing, wet and dry garment finishing.
I started a factory from a green field build site, commissioned and trained all of management to bring the project to the production level required. I have extensive experience working in many countries and cultures and appreciate challenges.
I will consider working as a consultant in this or other parallel sector and will consider working in any area of the world on any specific project.
Mr T Hawthorne CText ATI
Email: Telephone: +44 (0)1292 479298
Address: 42 St Cuthberts Road , Prestwick, Ayrshire, KA9 2EA, Scotland, UK
Ros Hibbert, MPhil RCA,
A consultant to woven apparel textile producers in the denim and cotton area, with a broad understanding of fabric and product related industries gained through extensive international experience. My knowledge of textile related design based operations in the denim & jeans areas includes colour and fibre development, and extends through weaving and laundry to marketing, retail and changing consumer requirements. Having traveled extensively to international textile production facilities, I have a wide knowledge of global textile manufacturing methods in a variety of differing geographical locations and markets, and currently have fibre and weaving clients in the USA, Mexico, Brazil, Italy and India.
I am co-founder and Director of Line, a specialist consultancy which provides its international textile clients with a range of support services in textile product development & design, marketing and graphic communication material, particularly in the area of denim and cotton products.
As the author of the reference book, 'Textile Innovation, interactive, contemporary and traditional materials' (www.textileinnovation.com) for use by textile professionals and textile students in secondary & further educational levels, I also research and write visual articles on fabric trends, jeanswear & denim direction for the textile press and international fashion & textile websites.
27 Westcombe Park Road,
London SE3 7RE
Stewart Hay CText FTI
International Technical Textile Specialist with 30 years of experience from shop floor to boardroom including Company President, Sales Director, Development Executive, and Technical Manager roles. Assists companies to improve their performance through focused consultancy work including:
Surveys of Sectors, Regions, Countries, Technologies, Competition as required
Business strategy/plan review and development
Sales/Marketing strategy/plan review and development. Evaluation of the client's utilisation of USP's and value-adding potential
Manufacturing strategy/plan review and development. Identify opportunities to improve manufacturing effectiveness, decrease lead time, and reduce the cost of goods sold
Quality Management review. Identify possible actions to reduce the total cost of quality
Supplier evaluation and review. Supplier negotiations, consolidation of suppliers, changing supplier for economic and strategic advantage
New Product Development. Review/construct development strategies and management systems
Experience worldwide includes Europe, Far East, USA, and Africa. Available for contract projects world wide.
Specialising in Industrial and Technical textiles sectors including Filtration, Separation, and Conveying.
I welcome opportunities to add value as a consultant or interim executive
12 Heapworth Avenue,
Ramsbottom, Bury, Lancs, BL0 9EH,
Telephone: +44 (0) 1706 281008
Mr J R Haycock ACFI
International Garment Manufacturing Specialist
Director on International Clothing Training & Consultancy
Ltd. Which provides Practical training solutions for both individuals
and organisations and assist them to maintain their competitive
advantage through the implementation of a range of focused consultancy
Development of company/sector/country strategies
Productivity audits/implementation of productivity improvement
Training programmes for management/supervisors/operators
Training for Industrial Engineers
Project management/Technical consultancy/Cluster Facilitator
Supply Chain Management
Some Relevant Projects:
Survey and Strategy Development for the
Clothing/Textile Industry in Botswana
Delivery of Productivity Improvement Interventions to SMEs
Productivity/Quality Audit of the largest garment manufacturing
company in Vietnam
Delivery of a series of training programmes in Jordan
Development/implementation of Management Information System
for a company in Jordan
Restructuring of an International sourcing company in Ireland
Co-author “Lesotho Garment Industry Sub Sector
Author “Productivity Audit & Training
Needs Analysis of Garment Industry in Lesotho 2003”
Co-author “Botswana Textile & Apparel
Industry Sub Sector Study 2005”
Contact: Mr John Haycock, 20 School Road, Newtonbreda, Belfast,
BT8 6BT, UK
Tel: +44 (0)28 90945437, Fax: +44 (0)28 9029 0171
Eric Hill BSc (Economics) CText ATI Lic IPD
International Ready Made Garment Consultant
Formally Managing Director of a large clothing company, then in 1990 formed Hillsborough Consultancy Ltd specialising in providing business support and training to the ready made Garment Industry including.
- Developing business and marketing plans
- Production management
- Clothing production engineering
- Total Quality Management (Assessor for the European Foundation for Quality Management (EFQM) Model for Business Excellence).
- Human Resource Development
- Management of change
- Management training
- Diagnostic Studies and Action Plans
- Experience worldwide including Europe, Asia, Far East, Middle East, Africa, Russia, Ukraine, Azerbaijan.
Recent relevant projects:
- Developing a business strategy, marketing and sales strategy for a ladies clothing company in Jordan.
- Diagnosis/action planning studies and recommendations for implementation for SME’s in Lebanon.
- World bank project in Bangladesh assessing and advising clothing companies on production and marketing strategies.
- Production planning for Egyptian clothing company.
- Development of SME’s clothing companies in Azerbaijan.
- Strategic marketing and sales plan for large Ukrainian ladies wear manufacturer.
- Giving support and advice to a Russian Clothing Company in the preparation of a Business Plan.
46 Ballyworfy Road
Hillsborough Co Down BT26 6LR UK
Tel: +44 (0)28 9268 2219
Mobile +44 (0)7850 337085
Bachelor of Textile Technology
I am Textile Technologist and Lead Consultant in Textile industry- spinning, weaving, knitting, finishing, garmenting, nonwoven & technical textiles. An apt expert with over 24 years of vast experience in several areas including Restructuring and Turn-around, Strategy, Market Studies, Supply Chain, Operational management, Product Development, Due Diligences, Production Management, Project Engineering and Consulting.
I have successfully handled several projects for Government of India, Ministry of Textiles and have experience in handling international assignments (Europe, Africa and Asian countries) in Strategy, Policy, Skill development and International cost bench marking.
Area of Expertise:
- Market research study for various Textile Product Segments
- Techno-Economic Feasibility Study of Textile Projects
- Detailed project report
- Preparation of machinery layouts
- Consulting for textile machineries
- Technical Audit of Textile Units
- Asset Valuation Study of Textile Units
- Project Management during execution of projects
- Engineering Designs – Preparation of blue prints, Plant designs, Plant Engineering & Selection of Equipment
- Selection of technology, Erection and installation of Machinery
- Operational improvement such as Productivity, Efficiency, Cost Reduction, Quality, Continuity, Organization & Working Methods
On hand expertise team of associates is available for support in ancillary fields such as Architecture, Structural Engineering, Electrical, Mechanical instalments and Waste water management.
Professional Experience: 14 years of experience with renowned Textile Groups in India, like Mafatlal Group and Raymond Limited. Around 10 years of experience in textile management consultancy in a Multinational Organization
B – 1 / 102, RUNWAL ESTATE,
BEHIND R- MALL, G.B. ROAD, MANPADA, THANE
T: +91 22 25899969
T: +91 7738903508
Graham Jowett CText ATI, Pg Dip Textiles, AIBC, MCIM.
Textile Technologist with 40 years first-hand experience of Mill / Factory Management at senior manager and company director level.
Alongside a detailed knowledge of the Textile Value Chain, particular expertise encompasses the following
- Yarn Dyeing - hanks and package plus beam and continuous dyeing of warp yarns.
- Piece Dyeing - woven and knitted - jigger, winch, jet, beam and continuous pad-steam plus CPB
- Printing - Rotary and Flat screen also Engraved Roller
- Preparation - Mercerizing of fabrics, Scour, Singe, Bleach, batch and continuous
- Finishing - Pre-shrink plus easy-care, surface-effects, flame retardant, waterproofing, oil-repellant, raised and cropped pile finishes
- Laboratory - Fastness and physical testing, recipe formulation
- Steam/Power Generation
- Water Treatment
- Waste-water [effluent] treatment
- Airborne emissions
- Develop and implement best practice management cultures and regimes. Tailored for individual companies and covering business wide issues but with particular reference to the following:
- Day to day operation of wet-processing departments and factories with respect to quality, volume, cost and environment
- Training of technical staff, middle management and operatives
- Commercial and Technical appraisal of existing and new processes
My experience covers a number of market sectors - Apparel, Work-wear, Interior furnishings, Home furnishings, Carpets, Transport interiors, Technical Textiles etc.
I welcome any opportunity to discuss ways in which I may be of assistance, aimed at developing and improving sustainable "positive bottom line" business performance.
I have experience of working with a variety of cultures, European, North and Central Africa, Middle East and Asia and am available for short, medium and longer-term projects.
Please Contact: Graham Jowett - firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone: 00 44  1484 536477
Graham Emest Kennard Ctext FTI
40 years experience in all aspects of the garment making industry, covering Ladies and Children’s wear,
plus Men’s casual/formal shirts and pants.
Based in Zimbabwe, have carried out consultancy contracts in Zimbabwe, Kenya and Egypt for companies making branded wear for the USA market.
I can offer
- 1. For Retail Chains
a. Sourcing and evaluating new production plants
b. Setting up, reorganising production plants to meet production and quality minimums
c. Monitoring quality levels and shipment audits
d. Liaison with mills and trim suppliers to ensure raw materials meet customer’s standards.
- 2. For manufacturing plants
a. General management of plant
b. Ensure plant is cost effective
c. Initiating a team spirit at all levels
d. Maximising efficiency in all departments
e. Bringing quality of production up to and maintaining required standards
Available to travel internationally.
5 Valley Road
E: Kennard@yoafrica.com Kennard.email@example.com
John Frederick Kennedy CText FTI
John Kennedy is available as a consultant in any of the foregoing areas – world wide. All consultations are conducted under the strictest confidentiality and no area is entered where a conflict of interest could arise. On any initial explorative contact, John Kennedy will give an immediate and true answer as to whether it is within his capability to advise. All work is properly recorded and at every stage of any piece of work formal reports are given to the client for a permanent record.
As a chemist, biotechnologist and biochemist, John Kennedy has majored in applied carbohydrate, protein and synthetic polymer chemistry. His experience has taken him into advising a number of industries, and government departments including: textiles, medical appliances, paper and pulp, wood technology, food, packaging, waster disposal, etc industries. Contract R & D, patent defence, and legal expert witness work have been undertaken extensively. His expertise has enabled a number of companies to solve development and production problems and has been instrumental in new product development programs and devising of patentable products.
John F. Kennedy is former Director of the Birmingham Carbohydrate and Protein Technology Group in The School of Chemistry, University of Birmingham, UK and Chembiotech Laboratories, University of Birmingham Research Park. He is also Hon. Professor of Applied Chemistry at the Glyndwr University in Wales. His principal research activities lie in the analysis, modification and use of carbohydrate polymers, proteins and enzymes in biotechnology in various industries. As an active adviser available for consultation in these areas, he has often helped industry solve their research, development and production problems in a variety of areas including, healthcare, nutrition, dietary foods, and woundcare.
Professor Kennedy has published some 500 research papers, fifty books, and is a Fellow of the Royal Society of Chemistry and holder of the Royal Society of Chemistry Carbohydrate Award and the Royal Society of Chemistry Meldola Medal. He is greatly in demand on an international basis making several visits overseas each year to advise consult and lecture both in developed and developing countries. Amongst his many editorial activities in the professional scene, he is currently Editor of the journals Carbohydrate Polymers, and International Journal of Biological Macromolecules.
Institute of Advanced Science and Technology
The Croft, Buntsford Drive
Worcestershire B60 4JE
0152 757 6000 (office)
0780 162 4749 (mobile)
Kershaw Textile Consultancy LTD
Alan Kershaw has over 40 year’s experience in the textile industry, particularly in the areas of
- wool fibre technology
- woollen spinning
- carpet manufacture
- sales and marketing
Advice and assistance on all aspects of wool fibre to finished product is available, and includes specific areas such as yarn engineering, yarn and carpet product development, colouration methods, as well as market research, and sales and marketing in the carpet industry.
The Company can offer both short and long term contracts, from a few hours for general topics, to several weeks or months for more specific, detailed projects.
The Company is based in the United Kingdom, but offers a worldwide service.
72 Longlands Road
Tel/Fax Number: +44 1484 846453
Carmen Loghin, LTI
- PhD Thesis focused on welding technologies for waterproof clothing.
- Consultancy and training programs regarding the efficiency increasing and IT integration (most than 30 SME-s and large companies, clothing industry, from Romania and Moldavia).
- Project Management.
I am REFA Expert and REFA Trainer for "Systems and Processes Design" and "Management of Production Data", certified by REFA Germany, Association for Work Study (www.refa-international.de ). I am contact person for Romania, according to the Agreement between REFA Germany and "Gheorghe Asachi" Technical University of Iasi. I am also the manager of REFA Department, as part of Technical University.
I am Extra-judiciary Technical Expert, certified by AEXEA, for Textile Technology field.
Main consultancy interests:
1.Solutions for efficiency increasing of the production systems (mainly in the textile field);
2.Integration of IT solutions in manufacturing process design;
3.Intelligent manufacturing systems;
4.Comfort and functions of clothing products.
The "Gheorghe Asachi"
Technical University of Iasi,
53 TEX-2, 700050-Iasi,
0040232278683-1128 / 0040232230491
Dr Nanda Nandan Mahapatra
More than 25 yrs Working in Textile Industries as a Dyehouse Head .
- Specialized in dyeing of polyester, cotton , acrylic , wool , silk , flax , tencel ,viscose .fibre in loose form , top form, fabric ,package ,yarn, hank form etc.
- Processing of Automotive yarn and fabric.
- Processing of Fire Retardant yarn and fabric .
- New Dyehouse projects.
- Modification of Effluent Treatment Plants.
- Development of new yarn using new fibres .
Location - Anywhere
B-5/104 ,goyal Inter City
Nr Sal Hospital
Drive In Road , Ahmedabad 380054
Gujarat , India
John McLoughlin CTEXT FTI
John McLoughlin CTEXT FTI is founder and Managing Director of jm-Associates. He has 37 years experience in the sewn product industry both as a senior engineer and production manager. He has taught at the University of Manchester for 4 years and has been project manager on a number of textile related projects which included international collaborations with other Universities. He has done consultancy work in the UK and abroad and has published many books and research papers in the area of Clothing Machine Technology. Previous Consultancy projects include:
- Remploy Ltd UK
- Clothing Technology Centre -- Mauritius
- Matalan PLC
- Asda George Ltd
- Welsh Development Agency, Wales
- R Kuite and Ashley Knitwear Ltd
- Baker Street Clothing Ltd
- MAS Holdings Srilanka
- Textile Institute of Pakistan
- National University of Zimbabwe
- Rowlinson Knitwear, Stockport
- Pinstripe Knitwear -- Manchester
- Southern State University of Kazakhstan
- Martin Baker, Uxbridge, Buckinghamshire
Through his extensive team of associates, he is able to provide solutions to most areas of the sewn products industry. Examples of these are given below:
Quality enhancement programmes both in the UK and overseas in manufacturing best practise, equipment technology, improving quality and production efficiency;
Train the trainer programmes that have proved to be very successful for supervisors and middle management in giving them new knowledge and diagnostic skills;
Development of a training bible for training and educating sewing machinists for industry, this has been designed as a trainers companion and consists of graphics, illustrations and step by step procedures for training new machinists from basic to advanced sewing skills;
Bespoke quality and training programmes for the retail and manufacturing industry, these have included, equipment technology, manufacturing quality garments’, and ‘sewing machine technicians’ textiles awareness;
Development of an interactive software package for students and industry on Clothing Machine Engineering and Technology;
Software products, which are, thread consumption calculation, Design Management Software, Fabric Objective Reporting Software and Production Management software;
Innovative and inspirational use of mixed media in the training and education of people in the fashion industry through the development of digital and traditional training aids, packages, courses and manuals;
Design and Pattern Technology;
Business Planning and analysis, Logistics and Product Sourcing;
Clothes show live judge, judging the heats for the main finals, December 2005 and 2006;
Clothing machine engineering programmes and maintenance procedures;
Consistent commitment to the development of the fashion industry through the development of the people involved in it;
- Production and Fabrics Engineering
- Development of a production management system for the UK knitwear industry
- Development of an automated reporting method for the analysis of sewability; measurement
- Development of a machine settings database, for setting up machinery for any type of fabric
5 Monton Road
Tel/Fax Number Office: 01254 726779
Jeremy McMahon MSc CText ATI
Having successfully contributed to the advanced performance, growth and profitability of diverse manufacturing businesses, I am now available as a consultant for assignments which require an organisational change agent and leader. I excel at driving continuous process and quality improvements that facilitate the achievement of corporate goals and bottom-line objectives. With a proven track record of 20+ years of experience leveraging a strong balance between strategic planning, sales, marketing and operations management expertise, I am confident in my abilities to deliver superior results.
Roles include Managing Director, Turnaround CEO, Quality Assurance Director and Interim General Manager.
Experienced with all types of textile materials. Extensive experience in Denim fashion fabrics.
I am prepared to travel worldwide and will consider both short term and long term assignments.
8 Queensway Park, Dunmurry,
Belfast BT17 9HP
Tel/Fax Number 02890626834/ 07752902777
James Park, C.Col., FSDC; C.Text. FTI
The company was established in 1982 and the three principals of the company, Walter Boyd, Kevin Park and James Park, are graduates of Heriot-Watt University in Galashiels. The principals have collectively a wide practical experience in the textile industry together with nearly 80 years in consultancy. Over the last thirty years, the company has established a large portfolio of clients worldwide in the chemical, wet processing and retailing sectors. The services provided by Park Associates include:
- Audits and benchmarking to identify areas for improvement of productivity and laboratory support
- Worldwide consultancy to the textile and wet processing industries including preparation, dyeing, printing and finishing
- Capital and installation projects
- Rationalisation of dye inventories – based on dye evaluation, testing and selection
- Improvement of plant facilities to give right-first-time (RFT) production
- Installation of support laboratory facilities including
- Computer colour matching (CCM)
- Improvement of laboratory to bulk reproducibility
- Provision of customised database for CCM
- Introduction of instrumental colour quality control
- Provision of standard operating procedures (SOP) and procedures manuals
- Production of Engineered Textile Colour Standards (ETCS)
- Technical and management training courses
James Park, C.Col., FSDC; C.Text. FTI
39 Stiles Road, Arnold, Nottingham, UK. NG5 6RE
Telephone: (+44) 0115-926-4208
Mr. Shaikh Mustafizur Rahman, Ctext ATI
I am a Chartered Textile Technologist with many years quality work experience where I obtained an in depth wide spectrum knowledge on Textiles: consultancy, education, training, industry, commerce, retail trades.
I am able to offer the following area of expertise:
1. Successful lecturer in Textiles Technology based subjects, access courses, commercial textiles, professional development programme, bespoke training programme.
2. Contemporary well development knowledge of textiles: product development, innovation, manufacturing technology, sustainability, fair trading
3. Specialist knowledge in carpets: production, manufacturing technology, sales person’s training programme, sales, merchandise, display, estimate and planning, customer care, retail administration.
4. Well planned lecturer for textile science/technology based topics to non-technical terms whenever applicable
5. Excellent knowledge for developing textile syllabuses, lesson planning. Examiner for textile technology based paper.
6 Comprehensive knowledge of textile processing: cotton, synthetic, blend, bast fibres/jute, Spinning weaving (fabrics, carpets: Axminster, Wilton, Tufting), bleaching, dyeing, finishing, printing. Selection of machinery: traditional and modern hi tech systems
7. Quality management and testing based on BSI/ISO directives
8. Effective working knowledge with people of various nationalities and culture
9. Member of the Discover Natural Fibres Initiative (DNFI). Working for the Promotional activities, networking worldwide: natural fibres innovative products, environmental and economical issues.
Location: London but available internationally by arrangement
32 Byegrove Road
T: +44 (0)208 543 3054
Francis Edward Bruce Rainsford, Ctext. FTI
I am based in Arequipa, Peru where I have specialised in Wool, Alpaca and Vicuña fibre purchasing/processing/commercialisation firstly from 1991-94 and latterly since 1996. I run my own textile representations and consultancy business.
I have currently worked in the textile industry for 34 years after graduating from Leeds University with a BA (Hons) in Textile Management in 1974. My past work experiences include woollen, semi-worsted and worsted spinning production; tufted carpet manufacture; knitting manufacture; weaving manufacture and selling natural fibres, tops and yarns into various world markets.
Santo Domingo 123, Oficina 306
Tel/Fax: +51 54 226994
Paula Therese Rogers, Ctext FTI
OBJECTIVE: Paula works with large scale buyers of apparel, textiles & hard goods to improve their manufacturing in developing countries, particularly in times of extraordinary business growth. Paula believes efficiency and good labour practices, go hand in hand, and together lead to a more sustainable, co-operative and productive outcomes for all.
Paula has 25 years experience in the international supply chain management of Apparel, Textiles and hardgoods, working across a range of disciplines including product development, factory sourcing, production operations and sustainability governance. Her career kicked off in the mid 80s, with one of Marks & Spencer’s largest UK manufacturers. Paula lived and working in Hong Kong from 1995 to 2003, where as Global General Manager at Li & Fung, she overseen Production Operations and CSR for some 6,000 factories, working with many of the world’s largest fashion brands & retailers. Today, as Industry Liaison to the Council of Textile & Fashion Industries of Australia, Paula works with industry, governments and organisations pursuing transparency, sustainability & accountability in their supply chains. Paula also acts an Industry Advisor to the British Government’s RAGS Challenge Fund (Responsible & Accountable Garment Sector), providing advice on improving labour conditions in the garment sector in poorer Africana and Asian countries, supplying major UK retailers, through best Production & HR Management Practices.
Paula was recently admitted as a Fellow to The Textile Institute, UK, and holds a post graduate in Export Marketing, from Boston University (1992-93). She co-founder & chair of Fair Traders of Australia (since 2006).
340 Alison Road Coogee
NSW 2034 AUSTRALIA
T. +61 2 93407350
M. +61 402 080633
Timir Baran Roy C Text ATI ATA M Text MIE
Graduate from College of Textile Technology, Berhampore, Calcutta University in the year 1973 and done post graduation from Faculty of Technology & Engineering, M.S.University, Baroda in the year 1979.
Specialized in the field of fiber and spinning with a carrier spanning over 36 years in the industry having wide range of experience from production to marketing across cellulose, synthetic fibers and textile machinery.
I have successfully completed few projects like Cotton Spinning Plants, Denim Plants(10 million meters each plant), Techno-Economic feasibility studies, Conservation of Energy, Waste control etc in India and abroad.
Practiced maintenance audit, maintenance of QMS, EMS & TPM as a tools to achieve target and benchmark. Maintenance is my strength.
I set up a "Textiles" Special Interest Group in India under India National Office & the Textile Institute Head Quarter in Manchester
69, Kalindi Kunj
Pipliyahana Chowraha. Ring Road
Indore – 452 016
Manny Silverman MAE
Silverman Associates, 85 Brim Hill, London, N2 0EZ
Office 020 7499 7031, Home 020 8883 2717, Fax 020 8365 2857
Mobile 07810 840184, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Manny Silverman has spent his entire career in the clothing industry, both retail and manufacturing, and has had long and considerable experience in most aspects of the business. He joined Moss Bros as an apprentice tailor and having spent 10 years in manufacturing, he was given a number of opportunities to progress within the company and held a number of senior positions in the group eventually becoming Chief Executive from 1980 to 1987. He then became a shareholder and Executive Chairman of Norman Hartnell Ltd, the Royal Couturiers to H M The Queen and H M The Queen Mother.
EXPERT WITNESS EXPERIENCE
“To be persuasive we must be believable, to be believable we must be credible, to be credible we must be truthful” Ed Murrow
He is a Member of the Academy of Experts and acted as an expert witness in both Civil and Criminal proceedings since 1995, and is recognised as a leading practitioner in the sector, his extensive experience and ongoing involvement in the industry has enabled him to produce reports and give evidence, including a number of High Court actions, on a whole range of matters relating to the sector.
Among the many of the issues related to the retail/fashion/accessory sectors in which he has acted as an expert include, trading disputes, design infringement, branding, licensing, marketing, purchasing, manufacturing, quality issues, merchandising, UK and Community unregistered design/copyright infringement, counterfeiting, retail property related matters and provides pro bono expert assistance to SOCA. He was also invited to give the opening presentations at both the 2009 & 2010 CLT “Intellectual Property in the Fashion Industry Conferences,
The following give some indication of his experience and the breadth of the many actions in which he has been instructed as an expert;
• Simmons & Simmons acting for Abercrombie & Fitch successfully resisting a claim in relation to proceedings in the UK High Court and the community trademark office for trade mark revocation.
• McCormicks Solicitors acting for Bonmarche Ltd in a successful claim for a Derogation of Grant by Universities Superannuation Fund.
• Pannone LLP acting for Cotton Traders Ltd in successfully resisting a claim by Nike over the RFU for trade mark infringement and successfully counterclaiming revoking the RFU’s trade mark registrations in the traditional Red Rose of England,
• Wallace LLP successfully acting for the defendants, The Whiteley Hat Company in an action brought by Philip Treacy Ltd for copyright infringement.
• Clarion Solicitors successfully acting for the Greenwoods Menswear Ltd Defendant/Part 20 Claimant in an action brought by Albion PLC Claimant/Part 20 in a claim made by the Claimant that the Defendant had failed to pay for goods delivered and a counterclaim by the defendant that the goods were defective.
• Leigh, Day & Co, successfully acting for Robert Buckles in claim for compensation for injuries and consequential losses arising from the administration of an overdose of heparin whilst he was an inpatient at the Royal London Hospital
• D Young & Co LLP acting for Skechers U.S.A INC. II applicant successfully resisting a claim by Nike International Ltd opponent, in respect of CTM Application No 009005422 “BI-FIT” in class 25 in the name of the applicant
RETAIL ADVISORY SERVICES
“Experience has taught me that you can’t expect to do today’s jobs, with yesterdays methods, and still be in business tomorrow” Anon
His retail/fashion consultancy practise was formed in 1992, and offers a comprehensive range of ‘hands on’ management/advisory services including entry into overseas markets.
The practise has a diverse client list within a number of sectors and from both large and small organisations from both the public and private sector including, Scottish Enterprise, the Welsh Development Agency, EXPROM-Polish Chamber of Commerce, UN Miller Freeman plc, Panther Group plc, Greenwoods Ltd, the V&A, the National Maritime Museum, Henry Poole & Co, Hardy Amies plc and others, including a number of members of the British Shops and Stores Association.
Other current activities have included UK Chair of the Retail/Consumer Goods Sector Groups of the Philippines, Singapore and Indonesian British Business Councils respectively. Member of the Textile Institute, the Global Retail Forum, National Skills Academy for Retail and a former member of the British Fashion Council.
He has also been a keynote speaker at both the Philippine Retailers Association ASEAN National Retailers and the ASEAN Region/Singapore Retailers Association Conferences, and was personally invited by H E the Chinese Ambassador to the UK to give a presentation at the Embassy to a delegation of Chinese designers, manufacturers and retailers visiting the UK and gave a presentation on “the Challenges of Retail Globalisation” at the Textile Institute’s Centenary World Conference 2010.
Outside the industry, he is a Freeman of the City of London, and a Past Master of the Worshipful Company of Glovers.
Malcolm Sims CText FTI
Malcolm Sims and Associates (MSA) are an international textile consultancy service, specialising in Carpet, Yarn, Wool, Product Development, Marketing and Technology transfer.
Malcolm Sims has been working in the carpet industry for over 30 years with a strong background in carpet production and marketing.
Malcolm has held senior management positions and lived and worked in the UK, NZ and latterly the USA. Having worked in product development for most of his career he has visited and worked with many of the world’s wool spinning mills and carpet manufacturers. He has been a frequent trade press commentator, and presenter of carpet trends internationally.
MSA are a new company able to offer support in big or small projects around the world.
More information on the extent of services available from MSA can be found on www.malcolmsims.com
Old Church Lane
461 Percheron Circle
Nokomis FL 34275
T: (0)1423 711 514 (UK)
Ian Smith CText ATI
With 20 years of textile dyeing experience, I am able to offer consultancy services to the industry in the following areas of expertise:
- All aspects of Dyeing and FInishing
- Gap analysis of existing procedures and process
- Dye Laboratory procedures and practices
- Identify practical solutions to deal with issues and challenges
- Guidance on the development of current or new processes
- Address lost efficiencies and increase productivity
- Shade palette development
- laboratory to bulk production and reproducibility.
- Peer Review of procedures.
- Energy / water best practice procedures.
- Right first time dyeing procedures / practices
- Project / factory planning implementation
- Dyehouse management evaluation / implementation.
Will undertake consultancy work in UK or overseas, having travelled and worked extensively on a global level specifically in India, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka working for both private companies and on projects for World Bank etc.
1 Cornerhouse Cottage
Phone: +44 0844 4968260
Lizette Smook, C.Text ATI
Innovasians Leads the Way to a Sustainable Future .......InnovAsians sources, manufactures, and provides manufacturing support (training), QC/QA , COP/Fairtrade and if required, manages the total supply chain. Production includes a range of denims, cottons, wools, performance synthetics, leathers, soya silk products, bamboo fibre products, hemp, recycled polyester (PET) as well "PSM" or corn based products.
InnovAsians represent in Hong Kong, Historic futures (My String), a web-based traceability tool used by the Organic Exchange - to add value to the eco and sustainable textiles they manufacture. The web based software provide total transparency and traceability.
The expertise of InnovAsians is in a specialist/boutique "one-stop shop" of services with
- :Responsible supply chain
- Quick response
- Tailored service with flexibility
- Knowledge of the market
- In-depth knowledge of the Asian textile and garment manufacturing base
InnovAsians would provide a selection (of your choice) of services in the supply chain. That would encompass the following services:
Sourcing - sourcing fabrics and garments to the criteria required by the buyer OR organic chic and eco natural from Innovasians.
Manufacture - input in pre-production discussions to reduce risk and rejection % as well as managing the production to required time line.
Training - supporting the factory to execute the production to the agreed standard. With GSD and HF the supply chain could be cost effective as well as traceable.
QC/QA - executing the inspections to the agreed AQL standard.
COP/Fair trade - assessing the factory to CSR standards as well as liaise with SEDEX where required.
Supply Chain Management - If you do not have representation in Asia - managing all of the above for you.
18th Floor, Wing Hing Commercial Building;
16 Sutherland St, Sheung Wan,
Steven M. Spivak, PhD, CText, FTI, FSFPE, FStd
Dr. Steve Spivak is an expert in the field of textiles and clothing fire and flammability; plus standardization principles, policy and practices. He has also consulted for over three decades in the areas of cleaning science and technology, cleaning, performance, "cleaning green" and standards for textile furnishings, carpet and rugs. He chaired the ISO's Consumer Policy Committee from 1991-1995.
He is Professor Emeritus and past Dept Chairman, Fire Protection Engineering, Univ. of Maryland, USA where he served thirty+ years as faculty, researcher and administrator. He is Principal of Stantex Consultants, a textile, standards and fire safety consultancy with offices in Virginia and in Puerto Rico, USA. Assignments included establishing the textile fiber and fabric import control laboratories in Saudi Arabia. Dr. Spivak is coauthor of two books on standards and standardization, the most recent "Standardization Essentials" published by Taylor and Francis. His PhD is in polymer & fibre science, the Univ. of Manchester, UK.
c/o Stantex Consultants
6301 Beachway Drive
Falls Church, VA 22044-1510
+1-703-845-8696 Main office
+1-787-799-6053 Alternate office
Margaret Stott BA (hons)
Pattern Counsel - Good design becomes, and manufacturing begins with a well-engineered pattern.
The frustration of sealing a garment for manufacture has increased in recent years as Fashion Designers have become more distanced from the pattern-cutters and garment-makers who actually construct their styles. Pattern amendments are filtered through other personnel and the actual pattern cutter is unable to discuss uncertainties directly with the designers. In response, Pattern Counsel offers a series of services specifically aimed to help the pattern-room, solving problems, training personnel and advising on all aspects of the pattern production.
- Pattern Cutting Coaching for Technique and Fit
- Block Making
- Specification Writing
- CAD & Card
- Based in London but willing to travel
Maggie has over 30 years experience as a pattern cutter and grader working with designers from couture to high street, and is a specialist in all aspects of pattern making.
For full details and brochure please contact Maggie Stott at Pattern Counsel
Sunil Upalekar- CText ATI
Expert in Textile Projects & Production- Woven, Knits & Garments:
Feasibility Report, Project Monitoring, Machinery Selection, Plant Layout & Design, Schedule, Survey, Valuation, Benchmarking, Project Certification, Technical Training to the Staff & Operator,
Registered with Ministry of Textile- Govt. if India for EPCG & Technological Upgradation Funds Scheme (TUFS)
Experience: Textile Graduate having 20 years experience in Woven & Knits Processing in Multinational Organization & 5 years in Textile Projects. Completed Big Size Textile Projects in India.
C-10, POONAM APARTMENTS,
S. NO. 569/1, BIBWEWADI- KONDHWA ROAD,
PUNE- 411 037. MAHARASHTRA, INDIA.
Fax: 91 22 26673193
Tel: Office: 91 22 67339400
Tel: Resi: 91 20 24266712
Mobile: 91 0 9850958225
Christopher RG Whitehouse BSc (Hons) – Textile Restoration
Chris Whitehouse is the Managing Director of Select Services, a textile restoration and textile consultancy company created in 1982.
With over 20 years’ experience in textile restoration, laundry and dry cleaning, Chris Whitehouse is able to offer an unrivalled level of knowledge and expertise to the Disaster Restoration Sector. The services his company provides:
- Textile Consultancy – Professional advice and guidance on the textile part of insurance claims such as values, replacement costs, indemnity values, probable restoration success rate, salvage values, etc. to aid decisions in the appropriate course of action required
- Textile Restoration – Cleaning and restoring all types of textiles (incl. clothing, bedding, curtains/window dressings, footwear, bags/holdalls/rucksacks, luggage, stuffed toys, etc.) after incidents such as vandalism, fire and flood to domestic and commercial claims
We can be instructed by Insurance Companies, Loss Adjusters, Loss Assessors, DR Contractors, Claims Management Companies and Building Contractors on any claim they are dealing with that has textiles involved.
The company’s office is based in the Midlands and we are able to travel nationwide providing our consultancy service.
Through our network of Textile Restoration partners strategically located throughout the UK, we are also able to offer our cleaning / restoration service nationwide which includes collection, onsite inventory, professional cleaning/restoration service, delivery and rehanging of curtains if required. Best of all we guarantee all our cleaning/restoration with our promise “if it doesn’t come clean we don’t charge!”
If you have a claim with textiles (from high street to high net worth) and a professional detailed report is required or you would like us to undertake a restoration service for you please contact us on:
Unit 6 Raynor Road
Wolverhampton, WV10 9QY
Tel: (01902) 735300 Mobile: 07801 194670
Dr. Peter C.M. Wong PhD FCMI CText FTI
30-year practical working experience in textiles and garment; full knowledge in Asian production and operation; good consultant experience in trading and manufacturing business; able to help refinancing and restructuring business.
Please contact: Dr Peter CM Wong Email: